Templates are JSON-formatted text files that describe the AWS resources that you want to provision or update in your AWS CloudFormation stacks. To create templates, you can use AWS CloudFormation Designer or a text editor.
The following walkthroughs show how to create sample AWS CloudFormation templates using AWS CloudFormation Designer and plain text.
- Walkthrough: Use AWS CloudFormation Designer to Create a Basic Web Server
- Walkthrough: Use AWS CloudFormation Designer to Modify a Stack's Template
- Walkthrough: Refer to Resource Outputs in Another AWS CloudFormation Stack
- Walkthrough: Create a Scalable, Load-balancing Web Server
- Deploying Applications on Amazon EC2 with AWS CloudFormation
- Creating Wait Conditions in a Template