Shipping Your Storage Device
- Storage Device Requirements
- Preparing Your Storage Device for Amazon S3 Import and Export Jobs
- Preparing Your Storage Device for Amazon EBS and Amazon Glacier Import Jobs
- Encrypting Your Data
- Packing Your Storage Device
- Generating Your Pre-Paid Shipping Label
- Shipping Multiple Devices
- Mailing Your Storage Device
The following sections explain how to prepare and ship your storage device to AWS.
You must use UPS as your carrier to send packages to AWS, and you must use the pre-paid shipping label generated by the AWS Import/Export Web Service Tool. AWS returns packages using UPS or DHL.
Your device will be delivered to an AWS sorting facility and then forwarded by Amazon to the
AWS data center. UPS will only have tracking information to the sorting facility. AWS updates
the job status when the package is received by the AWS data center. When you send a
GetStatus command, the status of your job will not show
At AWS until
the shipment has been received at the AWS data center.
Any packages that arrive at an AWS sorting facility without the pre-paid shipping label attached will be returned without AWS performing the job request, and you will be charged for any applicable return shipping charges and device-handling fees. If you cannot use the pre-paid shipping label, contact AWS Support Center before shipping your device.