If your request cannot be authenticated, you will get an error message explaining the reason.
<Message>AWS was not able to validate the provided access credentials</Message>
If you get an authentication error, please check whether:
- You are not signed up for Alexa Top Sites. Even if you already have an Amazon Web Services account, you must separately sign up for Alexa Top Sites at http://aws.amazon.com/alexatopsites
- Your credit card is invalid or expired.
- You have not URL encoded your Timestamp and Signature values. If you are seeing intermittent authorization errors, this is the most likely problem. You should not see any "+" signs in your Signature, for example.
- You are not generating the Signature correctly. Please see the code samples.
- The clock on the computer making the requests is not set correctly.