March 24, 2017
Added CloudTrail SerDe, improved performance, fixed partition issues.
- Added the AWS CloudTrail SerDe. For more information, see CloudTrail. For detailed usage examples, see the AWS Big Data Blog post, Analyze Security, Compliance, and Operational Activity Using AWS CloudTrail and Amazon Athena.
- Improved performance when scanning a large number of partitions.
- Improved performance on
MSCK Repair Tableoperation.
- Added ability to query Amazon S3 data stored in regions other than your primary region. Standard inter-region data transfer rates for Amazon S3 apply in addition to standard Athena charges.
- Fixed a bug where a "table not found error" might occur if no partitions are loaded.
- Fixed a bug to avoid throwing an exception with
ALTER TABLE ADD PARTITION IF NOT EXISTSqueries.
- Fixed a bug in