AWS SDK for .NET Developer Guide
The AWS SDK for .NET makes it easier for Windows developers to build .NET applications that tap into the cost-effective, scalable, and reliable AWS services such as Amazon Simple Storage Service (Amazon S3) and Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (Amazon EC2). The SDK supports development on any platform that supports the .NET Framework 3.5 or later, and you can develop applications with the SDK using Visual Studio 2010 or later.
The AWS SDK for .NET includes the following:
- The current version of the AWS SDK for .NET
- All previous major versions of the AWS SDK for .NET
- Sample code that demonstrates how to use the AWS SDK for .NET with several AWS services
To simplify installation, AWS provides the AWS Tools for Windows, which is a Windows installation package that includes:
- The AWS SDK for .NET
- The AWS Tools for Windows PowerShell (see the Tools for Windows PowerShell User Guide)
- The AWS Toolkit for Visual Studio (see the Toolkit for Visual Studio User Guide)
As an alternative to installing the AWS Tools for Windows, you can use NuGet to download individual AWSSDK service assemblies for a specific application project. For more information, see Installing AWSSDK Assemblies with NuGet.
NoteWe recommend using Visual Studio Professional 2010 or later to implement your applications.
The AWS SDK for .NET Developer Guide describes how to implement applications for AWS using the AWS SDK for .NET, and includes the following:
- Getting Started with the AWS SDK for .NET
- How to install and configure the AWS SDK for .NET. If you have not used the AWS SDK for .NET before or are having trouble with its configuration, you should start here.
- Programming with the AWS SDK for .NET
- The basics of how to implement applications with the AWS SDK for .NET that applies to all AWS services. This section also includes information about how to migrate code to the latest version of the AWS SDK for .NET, and describes the differences between the last version and this one.
- AWS SDK for .NET Examples
- A set of tutorials, walkthroughs, and examples showing how to use the AWS SDK for .NET to create applications for particular AWS services.
- Additional Resources
- More resources outside of this guide that provide valuable information about AWS and the AWS SDK for .NET.
A related document, AWS SDK for .NET API Reference, provides a detailed description of each namespace and class.