Records a WorkflowExecutionSignaled event in the workflow execution history and creates a decision task for the workflow execution identified by the given domain, workflowId and runId. The event is recorded with the specified user defined signalName and input (if provided).
NOTE: If a runId is not specified, then the WorkflowExecutionSignaled event is recorded in the history of the current open workflow with the matching workflowId in the domain.
NOTE: If the specified workflow execution is not open, this method fails with UnknownResource.
You can use IAM policies to control this action's access to Amazon SWF resources as follows:
- Use a Resource element with the domain name to limit the action to only specified domains.
- Use an Action element to allow or deny permission to call this action.
- You cannot use an IAM policy to constrain this action's parameters.
If the caller does not have sufficient permissions to invoke the action, or the parameter values fall outside the specified constraints, the action fails by throwing OperationNotPermitted . For details and example IAM policies, see Using IAM to Manage Access to Amazon SWF Workflows.
- signalWorkflowExecutionRequest (SignalWorkflowExecutionRequest)
- Container for the necessary parameters to execute the SignalWorkflowExecution service method on AmazonSimpleWorkflow.