Registers a new workflow type and its configuration settings in the specified domain.
The retention period for the workflow history is set by the RegisterDomain action.
IMPORTANT: If the type already exists, then a TypeAlreadyExists fault is returned. You cannot change the configuration settings of a workflow type once it is registered and it must be registered as a new version.
You can use IAM policies to control this action's access to Amazon SWF resources as follows:
- Use a Resource element with the domain name to limit the action to only specified domains.
- Use an Action element to allow or deny permission to call this action.
- Constrain the following parameters by using a Condition element with the appropriate keys.
- defaultTaskList.name : String constraint. The key is swf:defaultTaskList.name .
- name : String constraint. The key is swf:name .
- version : String constraint. The key is swf:version .
If the caller does not have sufficient permissions to invoke the action, or the parameter values fall outside the specified constraints, the action fails by throwing OperationNotPermitted . For details and example IAM policies, see Using IAM to Manage Access to Amazon SWF Workflows.
- registerWorkflowTypeRequest (RegisterWorkflowTypeRequest)
- Container for the necessary parameters to execute the RegisterWorkflowType service method on AmazonSimpleWorkflow.