What is the AWS Toolkit for Eclipse?
The AWS Toolkit for Eclipse is an open source plug-in for the Eclipse integrated development environment (IDE) that makes it easier for developers to develop, debug, and deploy Java applications that use Amazon Web Services. It enhances the Eclipse IDE with additional features:
- The AWS SDK for Java is included and installed as part of the AWS Toolkit for Eclipse
- AWS Explorer, an interface to Amazon Web Services that allows you to manage your AWS resources from within the Eclipse environment.
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk deployment and debugging
- An AWS CloudFormation template editor
- Support for multiple AWS accounts
ImportantThere is no charge for using the AWS Toolkit for Eclipse, however you may incur AWS charges for creating or using AWS chargeable resources, such as running Amazon EC2 instances or using Amazon S3 storage. You can use the AWS Simple Monthly Calculator to estimate charges for the use of various AWS resources.
In addition to this guide, there are a number of other resources available for AWS Toolkit for Eclipse users:
- AWS Java Developer Guide
- AWS SDK for Java Reference
- Java developer blog
- Java developer forums
- @awsforjava (Twitter)
- Toolkit license
- Toolkit FAQ
- Getting Started with the AWS SDK for Java
- Installing the AWS Toolkit for Eclipse (video)
- Using AWS Elastic Beanstalk with the AWS Toolkit for Eclipse (video)
- Amazon SimpleDB Management in AWS Toolkit for Eclipse (video)
- AWS Toolkit for Eclipse: Amazon EC2 Management (video)