Permanently deletes the specified canary.
When you delete a canary, resources used and created by the canary are not automatically deleted. After you delete a canary that you do not intend to use again, you should also delete the following:
- The Lambda functions and layers used by this canary. These have the prefix
- The CloudWatch alarms created for this canary. These alarms have a name of
- Amazon S3 objects and buckets, such as the canary's artifact location.
- IAM roles created for the canary. If they were created in the console, these roles have the name
- CloudWatch Logs log groups created for the canary. These logs groups have the name
Before you delete a canary, you might want to use
to display the information about this canary. Make note of the information returned by this operation so that you can delete these resources after you delete the canary.