Creates an Firewall Manager policy.
Firewall Manager provides the following types of policies:
- An WAF policy (type WAFV2), which defines rule groups to run first in the corresponding WAF web ACL and rule groups to run last in the web ACL.
- An WAF Classic policy (type WAF), which defines a rule group.
- A Shield Advanced policy, which applies Shield Advanced protection to specified accounts and resources.
- A security group policy, which manages VPC security groups across your Amazon Web Services organization.
- An Network Firewall policy, which provides firewall rules to filter network traffic in specified Amazon VPCs.
- A DNS Firewall policy, which provides Route 53 Resolver DNS Firewall rules to filter DNS queries for specified VPCs.
Each policy is specific to one of the types. If you want to enforce more than one policy type across accounts, create multiple policies. You can create multiple policies for each type.
You must be subscribed to Shield Advanced to create a Shield Advanced policy. For more information about subscribing to Shield Advanced, see CreateSubscription