For example, if a user is not authorized to perform an action that he or she has requested,
the request returns a
|Only certain AWS actions return an encoded authorization message. The documentation for an individual action indicates whether that action returns an encoded message in addition to returning an HTTP code.|
The message is encoded because the details of the authorization status can constitute
privileged information that the user who requested the action should not see.
To decode an authorization status message, a user must be granted permissions
via an IAM policy to request the
The decoded message includes the following type of information:
- Whether the request was denied due to an explicit deny or due to the absence of an explicit allow. For more information, see Determining Whether a Request is Allowed or Denied in Using IAM.
- The principal who made the request.
- The requested action.
- The requested resource.
- The values of condition keys in the context of the user's request.
- request (DecodeAuthorizationMessageRequest)
- Container for the necessary parameters to execute the DecodeAuthorizationMessage service method.
The error returned if the message passed to |
was invalid. This can happen if the token contains invalid characters, such as linebreaks.