Returns information about the specified workflow type . This includes configuration settings specified when the type was registered and other information such as creation date, current status, etc.
You can use IAM policies to control this action's access to Amazon SWF resources as follows:
- Use a Resource element with the domain name to limit the action to only specified domains.
- Use an Action element to allow or deny permission to call this action.
- Constrain the following parameters by using a Condition element with the appropriate keys.
- workflowType.name : String constraint. The key is swf:workflowType.name .
- workflowType.version : String constraint. The key is swf:workflowType.version .
If the caller does not have sufficient permissions to invoke the action, or the parameter values fall outside the specified constraints, the action fails by throwing OperationNotPermitted . For details and example IAM policies, see Using IAM to Manage Access to Amazon SWF Workflows.
- describeWorkflowTypeRequest (DescribeWorkflowTypeRequest)
- Container for the necessary parameters to execute the DescribeWorkflowType service method on AmazonSimpleWorkflow.