Registers a new activity type along with its configuration settings in the specified domain.
IMPORTANT: A TypeAlreadyExists fault is returned if the type already exists in the domain. You cannot change any configuration settings of the type after its registration, and it must be registered as a new version.
You can use IAM policies to control this action's access to Amazon SWF resources as follows:
- Use a Resource element with the domain name to limit the action to only specified domains.
- Use an Action element to allow or deny permission to call this action.
- Constrain the following parameters by using a Condition element with the appropriate keys.
- defaultTaskList.name : String constraint. The key is swf:defaultTaskList.name .
- name : String constraint. The key is swf:name .
- version : String constraint. The key is swf:version .
If the caller does not have sufficient permissions to invoke the action, or the parameter values fall outside the specified constraints, the action fails by throwing OperationNotPermitted . For details and example IAM policies, see Using IAM to Manage Access to Amazon SWF Workflows.
- registerActivityTypeRequest (RegisterActivityTypeRequest)
- Container for the necessary parameters to execute the RegisterActivityType service method on AmazonSimpleWorkflow.