Records a WorkflowExecutionTerminated event and forces closure of the workflow execution identified by the given domain, runId, and workflowId. The child policy, registered with the workflow type or specified when starting this execution, is applied to any open child workflow executions of this workflow execution.
IMPORTANT: If the identified workflow execution was in progress, it is terminated immediately.
NOTE: If a runId is not specified, then the WorkflowExecutionTerminated event is recorded in the history of the current open workflow with the matching workflowId in the domain.
NOTE: You should consider using RequestCancelWorkflowExecution action instead because it allows the workflow to gracefully close while TerminateWorkflowExecution does not.
You can use IAM policies to control this action's access to Amazon SWF resources as follows:
- Use a Resource element with the domain name to limit the action to only specified domains.
- Use an Action element to allow or deny permission to call this action.
- You cannot use an IAM policy to constrain this action's parameters.
If the caller does not have sufficient permissions to invoke the action, or the parameter values fall outside the specified constraints, the action fails by throwing OperationNotPermitted . For details and example IAM policies, see Using IAM to Manage Access to Amazon SWF Workflows.
- terminateWorkflowExecutionRequest (TerminateWorkflowExecutionRequest)
- Container for the necessary parameters to execute the TerminateWorkflowExecution service method on AmazonSimpleWorkflow.