Records a WorkflowExecutionCancelRequested event in the currently running workflow execution identified by the given domain, workflowId, and runId. This logically requests the cancellation of the workflow execution as a whole. It is up to the decider to take appropriate actions when it receives an execution history with this event.
NOTE: If the runId is not specified, the WorkflowExecutionCancelRequested event is recorded in the history of the current open workflow execution with the specified workflowId in the domain.
NOTE: Because this action allows the workflow to properly clean up and gracefully close, it should be used instead of TerminateWorkflowExecution when possible.
You can use IAM policies to control this action's access to Amazon SWF resources as follows:
- Use a Resource element with the domain name to limit the action to only specified domains.
- Use an Action element to allow or deny permission to call this action.
- You cannot use an IAM policy to constrain this action's parameters.
If the caller does not have sufficient permissions to invoke the action, or the parameter values fall outside the specified constraints, the action fails by throwing OperationNotPermitted . For details and example IAM policies, see Using IAM to Manage Access to Amazon SWF Workflows.
- requestCancelWorkflowExecutionRequest (RequestCancelWorkflowExecutionRequest)
- Container for the necessary parameters to execute the RequestCancelWorkflowExecution service method on AmazonSimpleWorkflow.