Working with Buckets
This is the User Guide for the old Amazon S3 console. If you are looking for the User Guide for the new Amazon S3 console, see Welcome to the New Amazon S3 Console User Guide.
- Creating a Bucket
- Deleting or Emptying an Amazon S3 Bucket
- Browsing the Objects in Your Bucket
- Editing Bucket Permissions
- Configuring a Bucket for Website Hosting
- Managing Bucket Logging
- Enabling Event Notifications
- Enabling Bucket Versioning
- Enabling Amazon S3 Transfer Acceleration
- Managing Lifecycle Configuration
- Managing Cost Allocation Tagging
- Managing Cross-Region Replication
Every object you store in Amazon S3 resides in a bucket. You can use buckets to group related objects in the same way that you use a directory to group files in a file system. Buckets have properties, such as access permissions and versioning status, and you can specify the region where you want them to reside.
This section explains how to use the Amazon S3 console to create, delete, and manage buckets.
As you create buckets, upload objects, and perform various other operations, usage reports are available that you might find useful. For more information, go to the Billing and Cost Management console at https://console.aws.amazon.com/billing/.