Getting Started with AWS IoT
This tutorial shows you how to create resources required to send, receive, and process MQTT messages from devices using AWS IoT.
You will need the following to complete this tutorial:
A computer with Wi-Fi access.
If you have an AWS IoT button (pictured here), you can use it to complete this tutorial.
If you do not have a button, you can purchase one here or you can use the MQTT client in the AWS IoT console to emulate a device.
For more information about AWS IoT, see What Is AWS IoT.
- Sign in to the AWS IoT Console
- Register a Device in the Thing Registry
- Create and Activate a Device Certificate
- Attach an AWS IoT Policy
- Attach an AWS IoT Policy to a Device Certificate
- Attach a Certificate to a Thing
- Configure Your Device
- View Device MQTT Messages with the AWS IoT MQTT Client
- Configure and Test Rules