Returns the resource types, the number of each resource type, and the total number of resources that Config is recording in this region for your Amazon Web Services account.
- Config is recording three resource types in the US East (Ohio) Region for your account: 25 EC2 instances, 20 IAM users, and 15 S3 buckets.
- You make a call to the GetDiscoveredResourceCounts action and specify that you want all resource types.
- Config returns the following:
- The resource types (EC2 instances, IAM users, and S3 buckets).
- The number of each resource type (25, 20, and 15).
- The total number of all resources (60).
The response is paginated. By default, Config lists 100 ResourceCount
objects on each page. You can customize this number with the limit
parameter. The response includes a nextToken
string. To get the next page of results, run the request again and specify the string for the nextToken
If you make a call to the GetDiscoveredResourceCounts
action, you might not immediately receive resource counts in the following situations:
- You are a new Config customer.
- You just enabled resource recording.
It might take a few minutes for Config to record and count your resources. Wait a few minutes and then retry the GetDiscoveredResourceCounts
This cmdlet automatically pages all available results to the pipeline - parameters related to iteration are only needed if you want to manually control the paginated output. To disable autopagination, use -NoAutoIteration.