Set up API Gateway API Method and Integration
Before Setting Up Methods and Integration
You must have the method available in API Gateway. Follow the instructions in Build an API Gateway API to Expose an HTTP Endpoint.
If you want the method to communicate with a Lambda function, you must have already created the Lambda invocation role and Lambda execution role in IAM and created the Lambda function with which your method will communicate in AWS Lambda. To create the roles and function, use the instructions in Step 4: Create Lambda Functions of the Build an API to Expose a Lambda Function.
If you want the method to communicate with an HTTP or HTTP proxy integration, you must have already created and have access to the HTTP endpoint URL with which your method will communicate.
Verify that your certificates for HTTP and HTTP proxy endpoints are supported by API Gateway. For details see Supported Certificate Authorities for HTTP and HTTP Proxy Integration
- Configure How API Gateway Integrates the Method with a Back End
- Configure How an API User Calls an API Method in Amazon API Gateway
- Configure How Data Is Mapped between a Method and its Integration in Amazon API Gateway
- Enable Support for Binary Payloads in API Gateway
- Configure Mock Integration for a Method in API Gateway
- Configure Proxy Integration for a Proxy Resource
- After Setting Up Methods and Integration
After Setting Up Methods and Integration
The next step is to deploy the API to make it open for access. For instructions, see Deploying an API.
To configure access control to your API, see Controlling Access in API Gateway.