AWS CodeDeploy
User Guide (API Version 2014-10-06)

A new console design is available for this service. Although the procedures in this guide were written for the older version of the console, you will find many of the concepts and basic procedures in this guide still apply.

Create a Deployment Configuration with AWS CodeDeploy

You can use the AWS CLI, the AWS CodeDeploy APIs, or an AWS CloudFormation template to create custom deployment configurations.

Note

In the AWS CodeDeploy console, you can use the Sample deployment wizard for an in-place deployment to create a custom deployment configuration.

For information about using an AWS CloudFormation template to create a deployment configuration, see AWS CloudFormation Templates for AWS CodeDeploy Reference.

To use the AWS CLI to create a deployment configuration, call the create-deployment-config command, specifying:

  • A name that uniquely identifies the deployment configuration. This name must be unique across all of the deployment configurations you create with AWS CodeDeploy associated with your AWS account.

  • The minimum number or percentage of healthy instances that should be available at any time during the deployment. For more information, see Instance Health.

The following example creates an EC2/On-Premises deployment configuration named ThreeQuartersHealthy that requires 75% of target instances to remain healthy during a deployment:

aws deploy create-deployment-config --deployment-config-name ThreeQuartersHealthy --minimum-healthy-hosts type=FLEET_PERCENT,value=75

The following example creates an AWS Lambda deployment configuration named Canary25Percent45Minutes. It uses canary traffic shifting to shift 25 percent of traffic in the first increment. The remaining 75 percent shifted 45 minutes later:

aws deploy create-deployment-config --deployment-config-name Canary25Percent45Minutes --traffic-routing-config "type="TimeBasedCanary",timeBasedCanary={canaryPercentage=25,canaryInterval=45}" --compute-platform Lambda